Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week 3- Post 2- Publishing/ Leadership Project Post 2 of 3

I have been doing more research for my Publishing/ Leadership project. I originally wanted to present my action research project at a conference, specifically the Ohio Foreign Language Association Conference. I realized that since that conference had just taken place, it would not be accepting proposals for several more months. I then did some research on other conferences. I did not find any in the area that were accepting proposals. Most of them do not accept proposals until the beginning of the school year. My school district is also cutting down on PD funds because the state cut our expected funds by about $10 million, so I would not be able to go out of state for a conference. For all of these reasons, I have decided to try to publish a paper about my project instead. I will revisit the idea of presenting at a conference when the school year begins and the conferences near me are accepting proposals. I have started to look into publication options, but have not found exactly what I am looking for. I will continue looking and am sure that I will have several possibilities by next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment