Thursday, May 20, 2010

Week 2- Post 1- The Art of Possibility

I was really inspired in this week's reading by Chapter 5, Leading From Any Chair. As I was reading the chapter, I was amazed by the connections that I made to my classroom. I am full of ideas on how to engage each learner. We are in the middle of reviewing the material covered this year before final exams begin. While I have some students who are extremely engaged in this entire process, I have many others who are not interested at this stage in the review process. Many of my students will not be interested in reviewing for exams until the week of exams. At that point it is nearly impossible to review an entire year's worth of learning. In order to help encourage my students to pay attention to the content that we are reviewing, I am going to employ "guest teachers." When we are reviewing a topic, I will invite a student to come up and be the teacher and review with the class. This will allow the students a different perspective on the material, but also keep them all engaged because they never know when they might be called on to be the guest teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment