Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week 3- Post 1- The Art of Possibility

Chapter 8 in The Art of Possibility discusses passion and embracing passion. I really enjoyed reading this chapter. When I started teaching six years ago, I was completely filled with passion for my job. I loved teaching and working with my students and colleagues. I let my passion through in all that I did. I still have passion for my job, but I feel as though throughout the last six years, it has been buried a little each year. As more requirements are piled on each year I feel my passion being buried a bit. I know that my passion still shines through, but not as much as it once did. This chapter has really inspired me to start next school year with my passion unburied from all of the things that tend to weigh it down.

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly why I wanted you guys to read the book, to renew the passion that most have when they start out. It's just really hard to maintain year after year, day after day.

    ReplyDelete